Archives of the TeradataForum
Message Posted: Thu, 07 Feb 2008 @ 09:22:10 GMT
Thank you all for your responses:
- We are loading the changed/new data only but all that processing happens at the ETL level using views. So we basically don't get changed data from the source.
- We are reading the same data more than once. That is the preferred strategy from the folks in TD. But I don't think that is taking too much time because the querying part is not bad, it's the loading part. We are not reloading every table during each run. Also, in some of the jobs we are using the table being loaded as a source table as well. That takes a loooooooooooooooooooooooooonnnnng time but the requirement is such that we cannot change it. Any ideas on how can that be fixed/changed?
- All the tables are NO FALLBACK.
1. We have only UPIs defined on the tables. No other indexes at all.
2. Actually there are a set of reports that need to be generated and an SLA has to be met so we cannot load the data while the tables are up and since it gets loaded once a day the choice is kinda limited.
1. We have a staging area and we load data using Multiload and Fastload. We are using Informatica for transforming the data.
2. This option would require changing the entire job-scheduling.
- We are not using any join indices or PPIs.
- I am not really familiar with settings of TPUMP. We have a 1 node machine. So not sure what could be the right setting. If you could tell me a starting point, I would really appreciate it.
- Our ETL handles most of the errors so we have very rare error rows and problems.
I really appreciate your responses.
|Copyright 2016 - All Rights Reserved|
|Last Modified: 28 Jun 2020|