Home Page for the TeradataForum
 
https:

Archives of the TeradataForum

Message Posted: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 @ 23:54:22 GMT


     
  <Prev Next>   <<First <Prev
Next>
Last>>
 


Subj:   Re: ODBC performance
 
From:   Colo Tordoc

I ran into a similar issue some time ago. Increasing the max resp parameter yielded only marginal improvement (maybe 5-10% but hard to tell due to the workload on the TD mainframe). I also tried to start several threads by horizontal-partitioning the data transfer to the client and got much better performance - so it would seem that either TD's ODBC driver has some internal limitation or TD is somehow marshaling bandwidth. I suspect there is some sort of bandwidth management since I have also noticed sort of a similar behavior with Unix bteq exports running against the same TD mainframe.

Colo



     
  <Prev Next>   <<First <Prev
Next>
Last>>
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
  
  Top Home Privacy Feedback  
 
 
Copyright for the TeradataForum (TDATA-L), Manta BlueSky    
Copyright 2016 - All Rights Reserved    
Last Modified: 28 Jun 2020