Home Page for the TeradataForum

Archives of the TeradataForum

Message Posted: Mon, 03 Aug 2015 @ 08:23:51 GMT

  <Prev Next>  

Subj:   AccessRights reporting macros: 2015 Version
From:   Dave Wellman

Dear all,

I have updated the macros which provide a simple report of AccessRights for a user or on a database.

These have been added to the forum's attachment library:


There are now macros which:

- Retrieve the data using the standard views (e.g. DBC.AllRights) or which access the relevant tables directly. The 'tables' macros are expected to be more efficient.

- Retrieve object names in either Unicode or Latin.

I have also added in a display column which clearly shows why the user has the AccessRight using the following values:

User- the AccessRight was granted specifically to the user Direct Role ? the AccessRight is granted to a role and the user is a member of that role Nested Role ? the AccessRight is granted to a role which is granted to another role and the user is a member of this second role Public ? the AccessRight is granted to 'Public'

The macros now also have a second parameter called 'Options'. This parameter is optional and controls the display of certain AccessRights. The possible values for this parameter are:

DBC - display AccessRights held on database DBC ('user' macro) or AccessRights held by user DBC ('database' macro).

SELF - display AccessRights where the Username and the Databasename are the same PUBLIC display AccessRights granted to the user PUBLIC

By default none of the above AccessRights are returned by the macros.

These macros are expected to work on all versions of Teradata from 12.x up to and including 15.10.x.

There is also a 'readme' text file which contains more details of which macros are available.



Ward Analytics Ltd - Information in motion (www.ward-analytics.com)

  <Prev Next>  
  Top Home Privacy Feedback  
Copyright for the TeradataForum (TDATA-L), Manta BlueSky    
Copyright 2016 - All Rights Reserved    
Last Modified: 15 Jun 2023