Archives of the TeradataForum
Message Posted: Sat, 20 Jun 2015 @ 22:21:53 GMT
<-- Anonymously Posted: Saturday, June 20, 2015 17:58 -->
I am received the error after running the following DDL statement for bitemporal table:
CREATE MULTISET TABLE.Policy ,NO FALLBACK , NO BEFORE JOURNAL, NO AFTER JOURNAL, CHECKSUM = DEFAULT, DEFAULT MERGEBLOCKRATIO ( Policy_ID INTEGER NOT NULL, Customer_ID INTEGER, Policy_Type CHAR(2) CHARACTER SET LATIN NOT CASESPECIFIC NOT NULL, Policy_Details CHAR(40) CHARACTER SET LATIN NOT CASESPECIFIC, TTCol PERIOD(TIMESTAMP WITH TIME ZONE) NOT NULL AS TRANSACTIONTIME, Validity PERIOD(DATE) NOT NULL AS VALIDTIME, CONSTRAINT CurrentPolicyID CURRENT VALIDTIME UNIQUE ( Policy_ID )) PRIMARY INDEX ( Customer_ID );
According to Teradata documentation ("Messages"),
"This error can occur for any of the following reasons:
1) A hard RI is being defined on a temporal table. Hard RI is not allowed on temporal tables.
2) The constraint definition is specifying a ValidTime qualifier option and the table does not support ValidTime.
3) The constraint definition is specifying a TransactionTime qualifier option and the table does not support TransactionTime."
1) No RI constraint was defined for this table.
2) The table can be created without TRANSACTIONTIME and the DDL statement runs successfully. (ValidTime is supported)
3) The table can be created without VALIDTIME and CONSTRAINT and the DDL statement runs successfully. (TransactionTime is supported)
Are there any other reasons why the DDL statement fails? Thank you in advance for any help that will be given.
|Copyright 2016 - All Rights Reserved|
|Last Modified: 28 Jun 2020|