Archives of the TeradataForum
Message Posted: Mon, 25 Mar 2013 @ 14:40:48 GMT
Thanks Asif, Dave for your responses.
Asif - The reason in our case is, what Dave mentioned in his earlier response(given below). The user is running a complex query through Informatica using ODBC connection and trying to retrieve close to 20M records. The query will be in the 'response' state till the time, it sends the complete answer set to the host, from where the request came from.
- you use SQL Assistant to run a query which is going to return 5000 rows
- in your copy of SQLA you've got the option that limits the number of rows displayed in an answer set to 2000
- you execute your query and then do something else (lunch / meeting / coffee break / urgent report for the boss)
- the query completes in the DBMS and starts sending data back to the application.
- SQLA stops after receiving 2000 rows an asks you whether you want the rest
- until you answer that question, the query has not completed on the DBMS and your session is still in "response" state - *** providing that *** the answer set is large enough that it hasn't all been sent back (for instance, an answer set of say 20 rows will not cause this issue even if your SQLA setting was 10)
|Copyright 2016 - All Rights Reserved|
|Last Modified: 24 Jul 2020|