Archives of the TeradataForum
Message Posted: Thu, 27 Dec 2012 @ 20:06:45 GMT
I have few questions on maintaining the PDCRDATA DB? Could I get some input on them please?
1) In order to purge the data in PDCRDATA DB , is it enough , I just update the Ret_Period column in the PDCR_Table_Retention table?
2) Currently , I see the Ret_period as 90, 180 , 400 ,730, 760 in the PDCR_Table_Retention table.Are they the default retention periods?
3) Are there any best practices in taking backup of the PDCRDATA DB? My full backup invariably fails as the ARC user blocks the PDCR user as there is some or other PDCR process running the whole day.
4) I am aware that there are multiple processes that PDCR runs to collect various data from the database at regular intervals? Where should I go and check the intervals at which PDCR is collecting the data?
5) If I need to change the frequency of the PDCR processes that are running, where should I go and change it?
Would appreciate if any of you please help me clarify my questions?
|Copyright 2016 - All Rights Reserved|
|Last Modified: 28 Jun 2020|