Archives of the TeradataForum
Message Posted: Tue, 06 Mar 2012 @ 11:36:52 GMT
From the document provided by Simson D'Silva (thank you), this is what I think I've understood, these are the steps involved :
1. Deploy C program 'sptrace' to where they are normally deployed (as defined in ExtFileReference on dbc.functions ?) ..... code in supplied attachment
2. Create the GTT Trace Table (trivial)
3. Create the Teradata UDF Function ..... code in supplied attachment
4. Allocate appropriate privileges ?
5. I take it from there by using it.
Perhaps you guys could let me know if I've misunderstood any of this.
I really think it would be a very useful feature, as debugging Teradata Stored Procedures is a real headache.
What surprises me slightly is that the External Function is not supplied as a standard Function within the V12 Database ... or is it, and I've just not understood the document correctly.
|Copyright 2016 - All Rights Reserved|
|Last Modified: 28 Jun 2020|