Archives of the TeradataForum
Message Posted: Sat, 30 Aug 2008 @ 21:08:54 GMT
I agree with what Christian just suggested.
In past I used multiple options
* Have a sync database on production
* Move data from actual Production database tables into the Sync Database (based on some criteria). For most part there was a logic on what the QA users wanted. For example get all data for last "n" months or any other criteria (but very seldom used Sample route)
* Backup this data set in Sync database to tape (for large data volumes) and Restore it in QA (Hopefully both your Production and QA Teradata nodes share same BAR architecture, if not there will be latency in moving the tapes from one data center to other)
* If the data set is small and if you have a good network bandwidth you could also explore Named pipe archive aka NPARC (this will mitigate above gap)
* You could also do a named pipe fastexport and multiload using access modules (I won't go for this option)
For encryption, I believe there are products that work with Teradata (Check Teradata's website for more information on that).
Other option is to come up with some data scrambling algorithm which is pretty standard in many financial institutes.
|Copyright 2016 - All Rights Reserved|
|Last Modified: 28 Jun 2020|