Archives of the TeradataForum
Message Posted: Tue, 03 Jan 2006 @ 21:12:52 GMT
<-- Anonymously Posted: Tuesday, January 03, 2006 16:12 -->
If you're running MultiLoad on Windows, you should be able to use the OLE DB Access Module to load from the CSV files, because the Jet provider supports these files and recognizes quoting such that it isn't a problem to have the delimited character within a data value.
The following is an example of how you can do this:
* In the OleLoad GUI, for "Select a source", choose the "Microsoft Jet 4.0 OLE DB Provider (Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0)" entry.
* On the "All" tab of the "Data Link Properties" dialog box, set "Extended Properties" to "text;FMT=Delimited;HDR=Yes" (without the quotes) and set "Data Source" to the name of the folder to contain the output file (i.e. "C:\").
* Note that when you close the Data Link Properties dialog box, you will see an error message saying:
Error occurred while attempting to set the properties you entered. To make changes and try again, click Cancel. To accept this error and continue, click OK. Failed Properties: Persist Security Info (NOT SUPPORTED)
This is normal, just click OK.
* For "Select a destination", choose the "NCR Teradata ("Teradata")" entry and follow the prompts.
* Click on "Launch" and "MultiLoad".
Hoping that it helps you out!
|Copyright 2016 - All Rights Reserved|
|Last Modified: 28 Jun 2020|