Archives of the TeradataForum
Message Posted: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 @ 15:10:06 GMT
I have a problem with integer-varchar and slow loading. (serious problems with the loading task 'mload' efficiency for the huge amount of the data)
Even in January I didn't have problems with conversion integer-varchar without using cast option. Now it is necessery to use cast explicit. For example, loading Example_TABLE in January it took us 5 hours /1 hour first phase/
In February for the some task 50 hours /1 hour first phase, 90-95% of the data loaded during next hour, to load remaining data 48 hours/.
For most of the big files/loading/ I observed the some difficulties - very slow loading process for the last 5-10 % remaining data.
The same data loaded with the fastload + manual transformation with the aid of the SQL scripts took circa 4 hours.
Additional information is that I installed in January (19th) an arcmain package:
pkginfo -x arc arc Teradata Archive/Recovery Utility (AT486) 07.00.00.03
Maybe in relation to the software for the backup solution (arcmain, NetVault client and Teradata APM were loaded) although I can't see how they would relate to the problem.
|Copyright 2016 - All Rights Reserved|
|Last Modified: 15 Jun 2023|