Archives of the TeradataForum
Message Posted: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 @ 19:20:47 GMT
The SHOW TABLE doesn't use CREATETEXT or REQUESTTEXT, but reconstructs the information from the dictionary tables.
So that you get a feel for what's going on:
- Some of the Table information is taken from DBC.TVM.
- Information about the Columns can be found in DBC.TVFIELDS.
- Information about the Database can be found in DBC.DBASE.
- Index information can be found in DBC.INDEX.
- Things like SET/MULTISET, DATABLOCKSIZE and FREESPACE are kept in the Table Header and cannot be accessed via SQL.
- The size of the Table and Database is kept in DBC.DATABASESPACE.
|Copyright 2016 - All Rights Reserved|
|Last Modified: 28 Jun 2020|