Archives of the TeradataForum
Message Posted: Thu, 12 May 2000 @ 01:05:07 GMT
Some questions RE: TeraBuilder I expect only R&D insiders can answer, and may not be at liberty to divulge, but here goes...
1. Docs say only MP-RAS...is this due to UNIX IPC dependencies, or is a WINNT version on its way?
2. Does this plug directly into the Msg Subsys, or is it still a socket/gateway connected entity?
3. Can the parallel instances span nodes (ala pfast), or is it limited to single node operation?
4. Any direct Perl support being considered?
5. Any canned Data connectors for Oracle (DB2, SqlServer, etc.) available? OLE DB seems a bit overkill, esp. if a local instance of sqlplus exists...
6. Whence Multiload support?
7. Any canned MOM Data connectors expected (i.e., MQSeries, MSMQ, etc.)? Maybe HTTP, SOAP, etc?
8. Any GUI based management/monitor/builder tools available? (esp. Web based).
9. Does some sort of commit acknowledgement protocol (ala 2PC, though not neccesarily as strict) exist to notify producers/consumers of safely committed data? (e.g., to notify a MOM queue that it can purge some number of msgs).
Based on the docs, this looks like a good tool that a number of sites I've recently been involved with could've used... but the real value may be in canned Data connectors for common data sinks/sources...
|Copyright 2016 - All Rights Reserved|
|Last Modified: 28 Jun 2020|