Archives of the TeradataForum
Message Posted: Tue, 04 Dec 2007 @ 13:18:07 GMT
Fachtna - I'll ask a couple of questions which might prompt others to chip in. After that you'll get some opinions -- maybe even some good ones :-)
1) On average, how much free perm is allocated to the various appl DBs? What is the target for free appl DB perm?
2) Does DBC hold space reserved for applications that will be coming online on a six, 12 month horizon? Just for DBC growth which is fairly modest (but steady)?
3) How much space is reserved for a recovery of a compromised database that must continue to exist in its compromised state while the recovery takes place? (think of this as: what is the size of biggest application -- which may span several DBs?) Is this space part of the DBC reserve? Binned elsewhere?
1) I've seen operations that retain around 40% free perm across the box do quite well, but those operations never experienced condition "3" above.
2) The business people generally cringe at the thought of unused, in-reserve resources. When money is tight, prudent measures often lose out to expediency.
|Copyright 2016 - All Rights Reserved|
|Last Modified: 27 Dec 2016|