Archives of the TeradataForum
Message Posted: Mon, 15 Oct 2001 @ 14:02:34 GMT
Thanks a lot to all who responded.
* The two tables have the same PI, it is "almost" unique - in this case, would MULTISET also help?
* The AMP distribution of both tables seems ok, I am trying to check it in detail on hashrow level, but it takes time...
* The query runs under $H priority, no other queries run concurrently.
* We will work on COMPRESS. How could DEFAULT help in this case?
* We will add more HW soon (actually we will have to buy completely new box - we were told that it is not possible to expand our WM 4700 bought in 06/1999 as it is outdated - is this 99% scalability?)
* HW: WM4700, two nodes, 24 AMPs, MP-RAS
* SW: V2R.03.00.03.42
* DBS Control Record - Performance Fields: 1. DictionaryCacheSize = 128 (kilobytes) 2. DBSCacheCtrl = TRUE 3. DBSCacheThr = 10% 4. MaxParseTreeSegs = 128 5. ReadAhead = TRUE 6. StepsSegmentSize = 1024 (kilobytes) 7. RedistBufSize = 4 (kilobytes) (amp-level buffering only) 8. DisableSyncScan = FALSE 9. SyncScanCacheThr = 10% 10. HTMemAlloc = 0% 11. SkewAllowance = 75%
(Mr. Kohut, I hope this is what you meant by "internal performance options")
The average insert speed is 127 rows/node/sec or 10.6 rows/AMP/sec. OK or not?
|Copyright 2016 - All Rights Reserved|
|Last Modified: 27 Dec 2016|