Archives of the TeradataForum
Message Posted: Wed, 03 Jun 2015 @ 12:48:05 GMT
We use LDAP authentication-only in our shop for our TD systems. We don't use it for access-right management, which is also possible.
Took me quite some time to set it up, but with help of the books, manuals, forums I succeeded.
There is a good orange book, author Jim Browning - TD security expert, that explains how to do it.
General (high-level steps):
- Gather LDAP information from your LDAP administrator (uri, structure on how to look up the user info)
- With that info at hand, test your connectivity from on EACH node of your system towards the LDAP directory.
Once successfully done, you can start with the real deal:
- configure a tdgss userconfig file, with the appropriate settings.
- upload those changes into the GDO. (they are not active yet)
- Test the config by using tool called tdsbind
- When ok, activate the settings by a Database bounce (stop/start database)
Note : If you need secure LDAP (SSL/TLS) you need to perform some additional steps first. But generally, it's good practice to get it up and running first and next fine tune towards your needs.
Good luck with the setup.
|Copyright 2016 - All Rights Reserved|
|Last Modified: 24 Jul 2020|