Archives of the TeradataForum
Message Posted: Mon, 25 May 2015 @ 20:13:33 GMT
Backing up critical data is just one of the steps towards DR. There are several other questions you need to answer for a true DR setup such as:
1) What are the RPO and RTO?
2) Are you backing up to tape or disc?
3) If backing up to tape, what is the current process for offsite tape storage and what is process to sync DR system with current data?
4) If backing up to disc, are you using EMC data domain and if yes, are you using the asynchronous replication capabilities of data domain to maintain a copy across both sites?
5) Does the other site have a complete solution in place ( e.g. Backup ETL servers, backup BI servers etc.) for a true DR scenario?
6) Do you planned a DR testing interval window to truly test the solution out?
These are just a few questions. Your Teradata assigned SA should be able to help you with your DR planning.
|Copyright 2016 - All Rights Reserved|
|Last Modified: 24 Jul 2020|