Archives of the TeradataForum
Message Posted: Thu, 11 Oct 2012 @ 14:21:02 GMT
Posting the explain plan would be a good start to getting some help...
However, if you can select all rows & columns from the table then the total spool requirement is not an issue. I'm guessing that your problem is due to a skewed spool file, i.e. you are hitting the spool limit on a single amp.
Check the following:
- have you got any selection criteria in your "group by" clause
- do you have statistics on selection column(s)
- how many amps on your system
- what release of TD are you on (is the plan using GROUP BY or DISTINCT logic)
- do you have stats on the 'group by' columns
- how many rows in underlying table
Ward Analytics Ltd - Information in motion (www.ward-analytics.com)
|Copyright 2016 - All Rights Reserved|
|Last Modified: 28 Jun 2020|