Archives of the TeradataForum
Message Posted: Fri, 06 Jul 2012 @ 09:51:20 GMT
We are trying to use the OREPLACE function to replace special characters.
select oreplace('A ?irket','?irket','?J')
But we always encounter en error "Untranslatable Character"
Things that I have tried
1. Create a Procedure with the same functionality , with all string variables as UNICODE.
- In order for it to work, we need to set the "USE NATIVE LARGE OBJECT SUPPORT" flag in TD SQL Assistant.
- If we do not set it , it again gives the error "Untranslatable Character"
- I have checked using TRANSLATE_CHK function & it points to ? ( A Turkish Character ) in the string.
2. Convert all the variables in the OREPLACE function to UNICODE .
- it again gives the error "Untranslatable Character"
Is there any other method I am missing to overcome this error ?
Thanks in advance,
|Copyright 2016 - All Rights Reserved|
|Last Modified: 15 Jun 2023|