Home Page for the TeradataForum
 
https:

Archives of the TeradataForum

Message Posted: Sun, 08 Jul 2007 @ 19:41:35 GMT


     
  <Prev Next>   <<First <Prev Next> Last>>  


Subj:   Re: Unicode surprise
 
From:   Roth, David W

Dave,

That is exactly what we did. When we first brought up our "global" system, every char/varchar was defined as unicode. After a while, when we tested and saw the space (and performance impact), we backed off to only define those fields that would be necessary for communications (name, address, etc) as unicode.

We saved about 25% of space overall, and got a 5-10% speed improvement.


Regards,

Dave



     
  <Prev Next>   <<First <Prev Next> Last>>  
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
  
  Top Home Privacy Feedback  
 
 
Copyright for the TeradataForum (TDATA-L), Manta BlueSky    
Copyright 2016 - All Rights Reserved    
Last Modified: 28 Jun 2020