Archives of the TeradataForum
Message Posted: Fri, 12 Jan 2007 @ 17:09:46 GMT
Backing up DBC has always been different from the rest of the system since we are talking about the system tables.
This means that:
- You can NOT specify a single table in DBC for backup nor restore
- You can only backup the entire DBC database
- Only ALL amp backups are supported
- Only a subset of tables is being processed. These are the tables that are make up the "system area" of your database
- If you want to save other specific tables, like accesslogs, you will need to copy them to a user database and save them subsequently.
If you want to know a bit more, like which tables are actually being processed, you can have a look in the "Teradata Archive/Recovery Utility Reference" manual. Chapter 2 "Archive/Recovery operations" has a section on DBC. This manual can be downloaded from the main NCR site.
|Copyright 2016 - All Rights Reserved|
|Last Modified: 28 Jun 2020|