Archives of the TeradataForum
Message Posted: Mon, 04 Apr 2005 @ 08:17:22 GMT
We're currently investigating the use of Roles within our Teradata environment and have come across two areas where we think the Teradata software/implementation has a hole. What I'd like to know is:
- have we missed something ?
- if not, how do other sites handle these areas ?
- if yes, any ideas as to when NCR plan to change it ?
(1) when using tools (such as PMon, Teradata Manager) that require one or more of the MONITOR access rights, the necessary access rights MUST be part of the user's default Role. I think is the case because I cannot see anywhere on the logon dialog box for these products where you can enter a Role name. I also cannot see any option where this can be set.
Additionally, we have a home-grown application which uses the MONITOR commands and from our testing with that you cannot issue the "set current role" command from a Monitor session.
(2) The second area concerns using the "command line interface" of VEComp. You can pass numerous details via a command line parameter string, including logon details. With the latest version (3.2) you can pass the Logon Mechanism ('am' parameter) so there is support for V2R6, but I can't see anywhere that you can pass the 'current role' information.
If this parameter isn't available then again it means that the necessary access rights MUST be part of the default role of any user that is going to use VEComp.
As I said above, have we missed the obvious somewhere ?
|Copyright 2016 - All Rights Reserved|
|Last Modified: 15 Jun 2023|