Archives of the TeradataForum
Message Posted: Fri, 24 Jan 2003 @ 15:10:35 GMT
we have recently installed Tpump in our NT test system. And currentlty testing it for using it in our production loads during the active window instead of the nightly batch jobs. I would like to hear from your experiences about the doe's and don'ts and good ways of deploying it etc.,
Some of my questions already on the lists are:
1. how do you find the critical cut off volume for using Tpump vs. Mload.
2. How do you determine the best sql rate / buffer size?
3. Is there a way to 'Accept' a variable value from NT environment variable without using 'ACCEPT var from FILE'... Do any one know why the Teraata guys take away this feature in Tpump while this is available in MLOAD?
4. Is there a way to stop TPUMP from reporting duplicate rows on unique primary index. (as you know ignore duplicate rows on insert/update doesn't help).
5. Though the documentation says that there is no limit on the number of concurrent TPUMP jobs that can be run , I experience difficulties when tested with 5concurrent jobs loaded data to the same table. Only 2 or 3 of the 5 jobs seeams to run togethere while the rest of them wait for the completion of the other jobs.
Thanks for your time and help in advance
|Copyright 2016 - All Rights Reserved|
|Last Modified: 28 Jun 2020|