Archives of the TeradataForum
Message Posted: Mon, 11 Feb 2013 @ 14:50:43 GMT
Thanks everyone for your inputs !! Really appreciate it and apologies for not responding if the query worked after removing the single quotes.
Sughesh ,Mike and Barb - You are absolutely correct. 'Single quote' is the culprit here. I didn't copy the SQL from word. I copied the SQL from "SHOW VIEW " command from SQLA itself. There were lot of /*comments*/ in the SQL, and one of them had a single quote and that was causing the error. Once I removed that , the query ran fine in SQLA.
Mike - My SQLA version is 13.11.0.06. (not SQLA 14.01.0.1 or higher). You mentioned that the '0A'x characters get removed from the CREATE/REPLACE statements and that's the reason, I believe , why the REPLACE VIEW statement worked while creating the VIEW.
Thanks again for all the inputs!!
|Copyright 2016 - All Rights Reserved|
|Last Modified: 23 Jun 2019|