Archives of the TeradataForum
Message Posted: Fri, 27 Jan 2012 @ 09:07:34 GMT
Here are some things I can think of that happen:
1) Certain types of access logging will make ids that hit that logging unable to logon. Can't remember what kind of access logging causes inability to logon.
2) I believe that DBQL data will eventually get flushed form cache and will never be written to dbc tables.
3) Resusage collection will get turned off on you. You will have to re-enable it after the situation is corrected.
Causes of DBC not filling up (I believe most of these have been stated).
1) Transient Journal. I have seen Join index maintenance get really skewed. Might be a sparse JI where new values need to be excluded from JI. Or some variance of this. Remember DBC can be full on some amps and not others.
2) not cleaning up DBQL fast enough or not at all
3) not cleaning up Resusage fast enough or not at all
4) not cleaning up Access logging fast enough or not at all
5) not cleaning up EventLog fast enough or not at all
6) not cleaning up AMpusage fast enough or not at all
7) not cleaning up SoftwareEventlog fast enough or not at all
NOTE: items 2 thru 7 should be moved to another database for reporting purposes. You can find scripts for DBQL on developer exchange You can find notes on what to cleanup in DBC in "DataBase Administration" manual
|Copyright 2016 - All Rights Reserved|
|Last Modified: 27 Dec 2016|