Home Page for the TeradataForum
 

Archives of the TeradataForum

Message Posted: Mon, 29 Aug 2011 @ 16:39:24 GMT


     
  <Prev Next>  
<<First
<Prev
Next> Last>>  


Subj:   ORD_HEALTH_STAT_DTL_SECND - SHPTO_CO_NM
 
From:   Nathan_S_Smith

Hi,

We keep encountering a problem where we set our attribute lengths to similar sizes based on the source system definition. In this case the source system is Oracle and even though we have set the attribute definition in Teradata to Unicode, we keep encountering truncation errors.

Have others encountered this problem? Is there some system parameter we are missing that would provide closer correspondence between Oracle and Teradata multibyte character sizes?

As you can see below, the recommendation is to increase the TD character size by 3 times the Oracle size for all Unicode attributes.


Thanks,

Nathan


Currently we have defined it has VARCHAR(150) where in Oracle it is defined as VARCHAR(100), but in Oracle it is accepting 100 characters irrespective of UNICODE or LATIN and how many bytes each character is occupying, wherein Teradata it accepting only 150 bytes even though we are receiving 50- 60 characters length values from source.

     SQLb s b

     Length of the filed -

     select length('c 3c !c  c  e7%f%-o< f *o<	/XPd;#h!


     c $c 3c 9c  c 


Solution to fix this issue is b having the columns defined in Teradata 3 times more than the lengths defined for all the Unicode columns.



     
  <Prev Next>  
<<First
<Prev
Next> Last>>  
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
  
  Top Home Privacy Feedback  
 
 
Copyright for the TeradataForum (TDATA-L), Manta BlueSky    
Copyright 2016 - All Rights Reserved    
Last Modified: 27 Dec 2016