Archives of the TeradataForum
Message Posted: Sat, 02 Jan 2010 @ 09:44:12 GMT
Please find the information below:
1. Are the MSR updates in a transaction?
The MSR contains some inserts and some updates but all PI based. ie(one-AMP operation)
2. If yes, is more than one such "update" MSR sent in the same transaction?
YES, this is possible.
3. If possible, please provide the "explain" for the update of the complete MSR request, not just the "update" to
The Explain plan of the entire MSR will be too big. Information that will be relevant is that every statement in the MSR is a 1-amp row hash locking operation
4. Please also include "show" sql of the MSR, to get the index and RI information, if any.
We have not implemented any RI.
5. Does the deadlock error happen with just two parallel runs of the "update" sql?
No there could be many concurrent requests happening at the same time. I just simplified the scenario to deliver a better understanding of the problem to the experts in the forum
|Copyright 2016 - All Rights Reserved|
|Last Modified: 27 Dec 2016|