Home Page for the TeradataForum

Archives of the TeradataForum

Message Posted: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 @ 08:44:02 GMT

  <Prev Next>   <<First <Prev Next> Last>>  

Subj:   Re: MLOAD application phase
From:   OmerAl

Following is the detail (apologies for missing out on all this):

1. We have only 7 AMPs and at any point in time we have MAX 4-5 MLOADS running. The number of sessions never exceed the number of AMPs.

2. Following is what is set in the job (which runs default from Informaticat)

     ERRLIMIT          0
     CHECKPOINT    1000000
     SESSIONS        7
     SLEEP 2

3. We are not using FILLER.

4. Hmmm ... that could be an issue. The table is FSLDM EVENT table and has 20 columns with I think 10 going in as NULLs.

5. I am not certain about this but I am just assuming that this is not happening. Since it is an FSLDM table so ...

6. The loading table is not used at all. There are other tables that query the source table at the same time.

In addition the UPI is defined correctly without any SKEW and there are only INSERTS. This is what surprises me even more.

Also, I simulated the situation in our DEV env and it took 1.5 HR. Later I realized that it took longer because we did not run collect stats in dev env whereas we run collect stats daily in prod.



Omer Alvi

  <Prev Next>   <<First <Prev Next> Last>>  
  Top Home Privacy Feedback  
Copyright for the TeradataForum (TDATA-L), Manta BlueSky    
Copyright 2016 - All Rights Reserved    
Last Modified: 23 Jun 2019