Archives of the TeradataForum
Message Posted: Wed, 27 Feb 2008 @ 16:30:07 GMT
You have not given any of us much to go on here. A bit of detail might yield you a better answer.
However, check to make sure the following areas are set at a reasonable level:
1. SESSIONS, if you have 100's of AMPs, it could take a long time for MLOAD to logon
2. CHECKPOINT, if you are defaulting this and memory serves me correctly, it is either every 15 or 30 minutes (30 I think). You could increase this to 50 to avoid a checkpoint being taken
3. Are you using FILLER for all data not needed within Teradata to avoid putting it into blocks and shipping them to AMPs?
4. Are your input records really long? this will slow MLOAD down due to few rows sent in each block
5. Are you using variable length character data in your records - not as fast as fixed length and all the parsing for delimiter is on your host computer, not Teradata
6. Are there other users on the system who might be accessing this table when the load starts? This will block MLOAD
These are just a few of the things that might be impacting your run time.
Hope this gives you some ideas for things to investigate.
|Copyright 2016 - All Rights Reserved|
|Last Modified: 27 Dec 2016|