Archives of the TeradataForum
Message Posted: Wed, 07 Mar 2007 @ 14:12:09 GMT
I am looking for info based on direct experience in using DataStage EE with Teradata.
Please note that when you see the term Teradata Enterprise Stage this refers to IBM Asential Data Stage component software.
Specific topics are:
Questions for Teradata Enterprise Stage (Read and Write):
1) When using Teradata Enterprise Stage Write does this use the Teradata Fastload utility?
2) How does Teradata Enterprise Stage Write support "Appending" rows, is it using CLI at for method and not FASTLOAD?
3) At what point data volume wise( MB, GB, etc..) when writing rows should you consider just using FASTLOAD utility instead of Enterprise Stage Write?
4) When DataStage Partitioning is in effect and ETL SMP Server is configured for using multiple "nodes" how do sessions get created on Teradata Target system?
5) Based on above question can we end up with blocking on the Teradata system? If not please explain why.
6) How about restart capabilities?
7) At what point is a connection created against the Teradata system when a DataStage job begins execution?
We haven't done any benchmarking as of yet but I thought I could borrow from others past experiences.
|Copyright 2016 - All Rights Reserved|
|Last Modified: 27 Dec 2016|