Archives of the TeradataForum
Message Posted: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 @ 10:47:16 GMT
<-- Anonymously Posted: Thursday, January 18, 2007 03:03 -->
The PowerCenter full pushdown optimization requieres the source and target "database" to be the same. As I'm new to PowerCenter I'm not 100% sure what that means. Does it mean the database connection has to be the same?
In Teradata I would like to use a PowerCenter ELT-approach in the following way:
1) Initial load to Teradata landing-area via FastLoad - using database TRANSIT
2) Perform transformations in database STAGING
3) Load transformed transactions to database EDW
1) Can mappings with source in TRANSIT and target in STAGING be full pushdown?
2) If not, would it help to create a view in STAGING on tables in TRANSIT and use that for the source?
Thanks in advance
|Copyright 2016 - All Rights Reserved|
|Last Modified: 23 Jun 2019|