Archives of the TeradataForum
Message Posted: Mon, 16 Oct 2006 @ 15:54:00 GMT
I have a DOS program which can generate Collect Stats DDL's. Like w/ any other program there is initial set up that you will need to have this working.
These are the changes that I could think off.
Unzip the file into a local drive.
Rename the files to Bat files (I had to rename that as outlook might quarantine these)
HOME dir Ren GenStats.txt GenStats.bat (Main program) Scripts Directory ren Chk_Stat.txt Chk_Stat.bat ren Chk_DB.txt Chk_DB.bat ren Chk_Tbl.txt Chk_Tbl.bat ren DB.txt DB.bat ren Out.txt Out.bat ren Tbl.txt Tbl.bat
2. Change all occurrences of this HOME_GenStat=C:\Vindoc\UTILITY\GenStats to a directory local to your machine. HOME_GenStat becomes your working home directory.
3. Maintain HOME_GenStat/logon/logon.txt - this is the file which has logon credentials
4. HOME_GenStat/file will have all the files which contain collect stats.
5. HOME_GenStat/scripts have some BAT files (you will need to rename as per point 1) and some generated by programs.
6. HOME_GenStat/GenStats.Bat expects 2 parameters viz. DatabaseName and TableName.
HELP STATS info is exported to a file. This file is imported into tables that are created by the scripts automatically and dropped at the end.
The user will need create tables as the metadata tables will be created in the database specified.
It's pretty straight forward. It can easily be converted to Unix Flavor.
Needs some work.
The ZIP File was sent as an attachment and has been placed on the TeradataForum website:
|Copyright 2016 - All Rights Reserved|
|Last Modified: 27 Dec 2016|