Home Page for the TeradataForum
 

Archives of the TeradataForum

Message Posted: Tue, 08 Jun 2004 @ 12:59:33 GMT


     
  <Prev Next>   <<First <Prev Next> Last>>  


Subj:   Re: Performance problem while creating a volatile table
 
From:   Kambhoji, Naveen Ram Prasanna

Hi Dieter ,

It worked absolutely fine... but still i need to tune this query & reduce it to 30 minutes which is my target window time... I have no idea abt the business logic in the query... Is there any other ways where we can achieve performance.. Is it possible to split the query still resulting in same results. When I did explain plan I found that the ad.PublishDate BETWEEN StartDate and StopDate is taking more time. It is doing a FTS which is resulting in product join followed by SORT. Also specially the self join with TMP_UNIVERSE is more costly...

Thanks a lot...


bye,

Prasanna.



     
  <Prev Next>   <<First <Prev Next> Last>>  
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
  
  Top Home Privacy Feedback  
 
 
Copyright for the TeradataForum (TDATA-L), Manta BlueSky    
Copyright 2016 - All Rights Reserved    
Last Modified: 27 Dec 2016