Archives of the TeradataForum
Message Posted: Wed, 07 Apr 2004 @ 04:13:56 GMT
We've done some pretty extensive work with JIs; however, nothing like you are contemplating. Neat idea!
A few questions:
1) If the optimizer doesn't choose the NUSI, is the LT being redistributed or is a hash join occuring between the LT and spool of the 2 duplicated\product joined STs?
2) How many components make up the UPI of the LT? If only a few, then maybe the use of Key tables hidden in a view will help
3) Is the fact table part of a dependent datamart? If not, the rebuilding (assuming you use multiload to load your LT) of the JI will (potentially) lock all users from accessing the LT for the duration of the build
4) Can you reduce the datablock size for the LT in order to increase the probability that a NUSI will be used (assuming you are OK with slightly longer Full table scans)?
5) Do you plan on Archive\Restoring this LT?
|Copyright 2016 - All Rights Reserved|
|Last Modified: 23 Jun 2019|