Archives of the TeradataForum
Message Posted: Fri, 13 Feb 2004 @ 20:45:52 GMT
In my previous email in this thread, I indicated that it wasn't necessary to start the recovery manager utility. As I said, "the AMP will recover and return to an online status without starting this utility." After using vprocmanager, you just need to restart Teradata. The database for the demo version of Teradata is so small that the recovery will happen so fast that you probably won't see anything interesting with the utility.
Have you tried to restart Teradata? If this doesn't work, then please send an email with details.
To learn how to start the Recovery Manager Utility do the following:
* Insert the Teradata TW 7.0 Demo CD into your CD drive
* Click on the "Teradata Manuals and Help" button on the main screen
* Click on the "Database and Utilities" button
* Expand the "Utilities" item in the "Teradata Database V2R5" section
* Click on "Utilities - Vol. 2 G-S"
* Expand "Chapter 12: Recovery Manager Utility"
* Click on "Starting and Exiting Recovery Manager on Microsoft Windows 2000"
|Copyright 2016 - All Rights Reserved|
|Last Modified: 27 Dec 2016|