Archives of the TeradataForum
Message Posted: Wed, 09 Jul 2003 @ 16:05:54 GMT
I've got some simple (hopefully) questions about "how do you do this with Teradata".
I'm an application developer who is just getting into Teradata. I'm porting a data warehouse application that's written in Visual FoxPro. The application currently accesses VFP and Sql Server databases through ODBC.
1) How can I get the value of ACTIVITY_COUT via ODBC. With Sql Server it would be something like SQLEXEC(
2) How can I determine if a database object exists:
a) A permanent table in a database.
b) A volatile table.
c) An index.
3) How can I change substrings in a string with other substrings. Again, with Sql Server I would use REPLACE(
4) How can I "justify" a string... IOW pad a string with leading or trailing blanks.
5) How can I translate a date or date-time value into a string (and vice versa). I suspect you'd use the CAST() function, but I'm fuzzy on how to establish the formatting.
|Copyright 2016 - All Rights Reserved|
|Last Modified: 27 Dec 2016|