Archives of the TeradataForum
Message Posted: Fri, 16 May 2003 @ 17:23:59 GMT
Hi, I just installed the V2R5 demo disc on XP. Started up the Teradata using the service control apps. The database instance started up fine. The following are my observations:
Settings: I am using the 127.0.0.1 DemoTdatcop1, the default entry for the host file. OS is winxp. Installed pc is connected to linksys ap+router.
--teradata added about 20 + extra processes in XP
--these processes took up about 160+ MB of ram, on top of 130 MB for XP processes
--pinging DemoTdatcop1 ok, reply received
--pinging 127.0.0.1 ok, reply received
--Database window connect ok, issues command via supervisor window ok.
The Question: I can connect to the teradata using bteq(CLI) but not SQL Assistant 6.1 (ODBC). The errors I got from SQL Assistant is something like "WSE.....host cannot be reached over the network". I will supply the odbc tracing log if that will help.
Thank you for your help. Hock
|Copyright 2016 - All Rights Reserved|
|Last Modified: 27 Dec 2016|