Home Page for the TeradataForum
 

Archives of the TeradataForum

Message Posted: Sun, 23 Mar 2003 @ 18:15:22 GMT


     
  <Prev Next>  
<<First
<Prev
Next>
Last>>
 


Subj:   SUPER v2r5 Upgrade Fast Query Goes South
 
From:   Harold D Kleven

Where would we be without our annual "Fast Query Goes South after an upgrade" problem? (Seems everytime they jiggle the Optimizer we quickly discover some simple query is now complex.) This time (so far) it's a typical "small table - large table" query that went from 3 seconds (in production) to neverending on test (our v2r5 environment). Nothing - not dropping statistics, re-gening statistics, SAMPLE statistics, etc. - would fix this baby. GSC is looking at it and we're pushing on to examine all of the rest of the queries. My advice on this: while it's easy to capture off your views and EXPLAIN them in a QCD for comparison after the upgrade, it's more difficult to get all the stuff in your JAVA apps, etc., but you gotta try! This one came out of an online routine and we didn't have a QCD entry in place for it. We DID run it through our TSET environment and it looks like production, even post-upgrade, so we're confused. It no longer acts like production in the TEST environments. Anyway, this is the ONLY one detected so far (besides the 3610s and the 5547s!) but it's a popular query with the users so we won't be going to production without it!



     
  <Prev Next>  
<<First
<Prev
Next>
Last>>
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
  
  Top Home Privacy Feedback  
 
 
Copyright for the TeradataForum (TDATA-L), Manta BlueSky    
Copyright 2016 - All Rights Reserved    
Last Modified: 27 Dec 2016