Archives of the TeradataForum
Message Posted: Fri, 21 Mar 2003 @ 13:50:54 GMT
We are about to upgrade our development and live systems to v2r5. By consulting with NCR we are taking on several upgrades to software etc and also looking to use new features and packages available. Among this list of new features are the statistics and index wizards.
I was wondering what experience those on the list may have had on the use of these wizards , if any at all (early days maybe).
1. Has anybody carried out investigations as to whether the application of them would be of benefit on their sites.
2. If any sites have then tested either/both of the wizards against their environments.
3. If so, did you then apply what came out of the wizard to their environment, were the resulting selections useful in that they picked out choices that you may not have initially decided upon. Did performance improve?
4. In the cases of the index wizard can anyone clarify precisely what types of index are suggested (Primary, Secondary, Join, STJI, Hash, PPI.....).
5. Are they simply DBA tools for live/development environment or would they be rolled out to business users with the capability of using against tables in their respective playpens.
Any information welcome.
|Copyright 2016 - All Rights Reserved|
|Last Modified: 27 Dec 2016|