Archives of the TeradataForum
Message Posted: Tue, 18 Mar 2003 @ 19:58:16 GMT
WE DID IT SUCCESSFULLY !!!
We have only 1 system. A 2-node 4855 with 2TB-RAID 0 (1TB netto ). Currently 60% of diskspace is in use.
- Upgrade from V2R4.1.2 to V2R22.214.171.124
- Downtime( Time for conversion ): 3 hours
- The recommended tasks (check tables and scan disk) before and after upgrade took 4 hours each. We ran it, while users could log on, but overnight.
- All our daily fastloads, multiloads, fexports are running and perform as before.
- One query had to be rewritten: Poor performance under R5
- Two queries had to be improved ("sloppy code" - select * in subquery)
We are up and running since Sat, March 15 and havn't seen more problems until now.
A detailed project-plan will be available on my website at the end of this week.
makeITdone IT Services
|Copyright 2016 - All Rights Reserved|
|Last Modified: 27 Dec 2016|