Home Page for the TeradataForum
 

Archives of the TeradataForum

Message Posted: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 @ 19:09:41 GMT


     
  <Prev Next>  
<<First
<Prev
Next> Last>>  


Subj:   Beating my head with ERwin again..
 
From:   Frank C. Martinez IV

Hola Teramigos,

You know, I've been using ERwin since it cost $700. I really started using it a lot sometime before version 2.5, which INTRODUCED the capability of word wrapping (what a concept!). Every time I use it, it's like the old saying, "Better than a sharp stick in the eye!" All the time I worked for NCR, worked with NCR, worked with Bull, I used it, just collecting bruises around my eye-socket. Well, it's still better than a sharp, BURNING stick in the eye, but now, I'd like to know how to generate proper Teradata indices as part of the table definition, not using the CREATE INDEX junk afterwards. Why, you may ask? Well, I've also having trouble getting the @&^#& thing to do a proper compare against the database itself. So I was dropping back to using diff on Unix or FC in "psuedo-dos" to compare the text. Yes, I'm on the new and improved version 4.0 SPI, BUILD 1511 (ok, so I may actually be behind. I've found that sometimes that safest with my old "friend" ERwin). Ya know, there ARE better CASE tools out there, some with better data modeling tools (I remember with fondness LBMS's System Engineer), but given that's what I've got (and I'm a little familiar with it), that's what I get to use. Anyway, I figured this particular rant would be a change of pace.

iv



     
  <Prev Next>  
<<First
<Prev
Next> Last>>  
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
  
  Top Home Privacy Feedback  
 
 
Copyright for the TeradataForum (TDATA-L), Manta BlueSky    
Copyright 2016 - All Rights Reserved    
Last Modified: 27 Dec 2016