Archives of the TeradataForum
Message Posted: Fri, 12 Jul 2002 @ 12:52:38 GMT
thanks, must have fumble fingered my cut and paste (I took the tables right out of the archive job).
One gotcha I'd like to mention that I discovered on our last upgrade (which included a sysinit), is that it is possible to lose some accessrights during a archive/restore process.
Scenario as follows: Almost all our access is at the database level - i.e. users get read to all tables and/or views in a database. We have a very special case where a couple of people have update to two tables in one database. I granted access to those specific tables. My restore process was an ARCHIVE and COPY (not restore) at the database level of that database. I lost the special update access in the process, but retained all other access. What I believe happened, was that because the table ids were different after the COPY process, the access rights were lost. I believe if I'd done a dictionary archive and restore of that database I would have retained the access. Just something to be aware of.....
|Copyright 2016 - All Rights Reserved|
|Last Modified: 27 Dec 2016|