Archives of the TeradataForum
Message Posted: Thu, 08 Nov 2001 @ 18:18:32 GMT
Another "freeware" tool may be of value; InTerastats, see below.
For those of you out there that may use my inTerasoft tools from time to time, I have just posted new versions to my websites. The following features / improvements / bug fixes were added:
1. V2R3 support
2. ANSI semantics support
3. Full feature FIND and REPLACE
4. Password change dialogue
5. SELECT * expansion to full projection list.
6. SELECT * expansion to full list in CHAR default data types
7. Support for 18 digits
8. Support for loading NULLS in ODBC
9. Underscores added to all functions in dialogue boxes
10. Support for 120K SQL files
11. Focus is placed in upper window after regaining control
12. TAB key now works properly within a window; CTRL-TAB switches windows
1. Node ID numbers are now calculated with MOD 32 and appear correctly
2. DISPLAY Session column widths are now wider.
1. Now supports V2R3 data types such as Interval, Timestamp, and ANSI Date.
2. Long names are now supported up to 30 bytes.
3. CHAR fields are now a user choice for loaders
1. Numeric stats are now indicated
2. Some dialogue fields have been moved.
3. A feature is now available under FILE to force printing to a disk file.
For those of you not aware of these tools, they are FREE, download as you wish but use AS IS.
inTeragate is a BTEQ-like Windows tool that accepts raw SQL. It is fully asynchronous and multiple copies can be run simultaneously. inTeragate is probably the most used DBA tool in my group in Toronto and in many large customers around the world.
inTeramon is a performance monitor for Teradata that uses the PMON API. It can display all available statistics and ABORT user queries or sessions. It is a quick, single module that is easily installed and used for PMON stats. I do not intend it as a replacement for Teradata Manager that has many more very useful tools and reports. I often use both simultaneously.
inTerascript is a tool that can write Fastload and Multiload scripts with the press of a button (huge time saver ). It uses the Teradata catalogue found in DBC as a source. inTerascript can also create View and Table Create scripts.
inTerastats is a tool that can display all internal statistics collected on any column or index. It displays otherwise unavailable frequencies, modal values and interval values. This is useful to spot skews in data value domains. inTerastats can also display and print all stats for a single database in one process.
Most, if not all, of my customers use this software, they are free to download it as well.
Jim Calvert - Toronto
|Copyright 2016 - All Rights Reserved|
|Last Modified: 27 Dec 2016|