Archives of the TeradataForum
Message Posted: Tue, 13 Feb 2001 @ 20:02:18 GMT
I got these instructions from MicroStrategy when we had similiar (not a timeout) problem. Following them fixed our problem.
1. Open the ODBC Manager (illustrated in the following image) and edit the Data Source Name (DSN) used to connect to the space allocated for the metadata repository (located at top of the window).
2. Click on 'Options>>' to open the ODBC Driver Options window.
3. Set the 'Session Mode' to 'Teradata' and the 'Data Time Format' to 'AAA'.
4. Check the Disable Parsing checkbox. Leave the remainder of the settings as their defaults. Click on 'OK'.
5. Create the repository using the MicroStrategy Configuration Wizard. Select the 'md7terav2r3.sql' script. This script works for Teradata V2R3 and V2R4 releases.
NOTE: If the driver is not configured as described above, the user cannot create the metadata structure or use Teradata as a metadata platform in the MicroStrategy 7.0 SP1 Product Suite.
The altered settings are explained below:
Session Mode: Teradata
Date Format: AAA (ANSI Date Format)
Disable Parsing: On
|Copyright 2016 - All Rights Reserved|
|Last Modified: 27 Dec 2016|